Asteroid piece from Mars up for auction
Washington: A piece of asteroid that fell on earth after its impact on Mars is up for grabs.
That little piece of Mars fell to Earth, where it was discovered in the Sahara Desert last year.
Now it can be yours for the price of about 160, 000 dollars, part of an auction of nature and science artifacts from Heritage Auctions, Fox News reported.
"The specimens in this sale represent some of the finest fossils, meteorites, and natural history items I have had the privilege to handle" Craig Kissick, Associate Director of Nature and Science for Heritage Auctions said.
The 1.37 pound hunk of rock is incredibly rare; less than 300 pounds of Martian rock is known to exist on Earth, the auction house said.
The auction will end June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof