Asteroid piece from Mars up for auction
Washington: A piece of asteroid that fell on earth after its impact on Mars is up for grabs.
That little piece of Mars fell to Earth, where it was discovered in the Sahara Desert last year.
Now it can be yours for the price of about 160, 000 dollars, part of an auction of nature and science artifacts from Heritage Auctions, Fox News reported.
"The specimens in this sale represent some of the finest fossils, meteorites, and natural history items I have had the privilege to handle" Craig Kissick, Associate Director of Nature and Science for Heritage Auctions said.
The 1.37 pound hunk of rock is incredibly rare; less than 300 pounds of Martian rock is known to exist on Earth, the auction house said.
The auction will end June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS