Asteroid piece from Mars up for auction
Washington: A piece of asteroid that fell on earth after its impact on Mars is up for grabs.
That little piece of Mars fell to Earth, where it was discovered in the Sahara Desert last year.
Now it can be yours for the price of about 160, 000 dollars, part of an auction of nature and science artifacts from Heritage Auctions, Fox News reported.
"The specimens in this sale represent some of the finest fossils, meteorites, and natural history items I have had the privilege to handle" Craig Kissick, Associate Director of Nature and Science for Heritage Auctions said.
The 1.37 pound hunk of rock is incredibly rare; less than 300 pounds of Martian rock is known to exist on Earth, the auction house said.
The auction will end June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic