Asteroid piece from Mars up for auction
Washington: A piece of asteroid that fell on earth after its impact on Mars is up for grabs.
That little piece of Mars fell to Earth, where it was discovered in the Sahara Desert last year.
Now it can be yours for the price of about 160, 000 dollars, part of an auction of nature and science artifacts from Heritage Auctions, Fox News reported.
"The specimens in this sale represent some of the finest fossils, meteorites, and natural history items I have had the privilege to handle" Craig Kissick, Associate Director of Nature and Science for Heritage Auctions said.
The 1.37 pound hunk of rock is incredibly rare; less than 300 pounds of Martian rock is known to exist on Earth, the auction house said.
The auction will end June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal