Asteroid piece from Mars up for auction
Washington: A piece of asteroid that fell on earth after its impact on Mars is up for grabs.
That little piece of Mars fell to Earth, where it was discovered in the Sahara Desert last year.
Now it can be yours for the price of about 160, 000 dollars, part of an auction of nature and science artifacts from Heritage Auctions, Fox News reported.
"The specimens in this sale represent some of the finest fossils, meteorites, and natural history items I have had the privilege to handle" Craig Kissick, Associate Director of Nature and Science for Heritage Auctions said.
The 1.37 pound hunk of rock is incredibly rare; less than 300 pounds of Martian rock is known to exist on Earth, the auction house said.
The auction will end June 2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report