Asteroid to come close to Earth on Feb 15
Hyderabad: An asteroid will come close to the earth on February 15, according to Birla Science Centre here.
"This is the first near-earth asteroid to pass so close to the earth", said B M Birla Science Centre Director Dr B G Sidharth said in a release here.
The asteroid `2012 DA 14` measures about 50 metres and would swoop to about 27,000 km near earth or roughly about one tenth the distance to moon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves