Asteroid to come close to Earth on Feb 15
Hyderabad: An asteroid will come close to the earth on February 15, according to Birla Science Centre here.
"This is the first near-earth asteroid to pass so close to the earth", said B M Birla Science Centre Director Dr B G Sidharth said in a release here.
The asteroid `2012 DA 14` measures about 50 metres and would swoop to about 27,000 km near earth or roughly about one tenth the distance to moon, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra