Asteroids to fly by Earth today: NASA
Washington: Two asteroids are to zip close by Earth within hours of each other Wednesday, the US space agency said.
The asteroids measuring several metres in diameter were discovered Sunday by a telescope in Arizona and will pass closer than the moon`s distance to Earth, NASA said. Though asteroid`s come within that distance of Earth regularly, it is rare for two to do so in such a short period of time.
The first asteroid known as 2010 RX30 measures 10 to 20 metres and will pass within 248,000 km of Earth at 0951 GMT. The second known as 2010 RF12, measuring some 6 to 14 metres, will come just 79,000 km from Earth at 2212 GMT.
The objects should be visible from moderate strength amateur telescopes, NASA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!