Asteroids to fly by Earth today: NASA
Washington: Two asteroids are to zip close by Earth within hours of each other Wednesday, the US space agency said.
The asteroids measuring several metres in diameter were discovered Sunday by a telescope in Arizona and will pass closer than the moon`s distance to Earth, NASA said. Though asteroid`s come within that distance of Earth regularly, it is rare for two to do so in such a short period of time.
The first asteroid known as 2010 RX30 measures 10 to 20 metres and will pass within 248,000 km of Earth at 0951 GMT. The second known as 2010 RF12, measuring some 6 to 14 metres, will come just 79,000 km from Earth at 2212 GMT.
The objects should be visible from moderate strength amateur telescopes, NASA said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy
- Asha Kumari appointed AICC incharge of Punjab