Astronauts repair dead computer outside International Space Station
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Two US astronauts successfully fixed a replaced a dead computer on Thursday, working outside the International Space Station (ISS).
Astronauts Rick Mastracchio and Steven Swanson, did the urgent repair job by swapping out the computers well within an hour.
To achieve the spacewalk, Mission Control waited for the arrival of a capsule with fresh supplies on Sunday.
The replacement of the compact 50-pound box needed just three bolts.
NASA hopes to reuse the bad computer, once it is inspected indoors by the astronauts and updated.
The space station is home to six men; the two Americans, three Russians and one Japanese.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore