Astronauts repair dead computer outside International Space Station
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Two US astronauts successfully fixed a replaced a dead computer on Thursday, working outside the International Space Station (ISS).
Astronauts Rick Mastracchio and Steven Swanson, did the urgent repair job by swapping out the computers well within an hour.
To achieve the spacewalk, Mission Control waited for the arrival of a capsule with fresh supplies on Sunday.
The replacement of the compact 50-pound box needed just three bolts.
NASA hopes to reuse the bad computer, once it is inspected indoors by the astronauts and updated.
The space station is home to six men; the two Americans, three Russians and one Japanese.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees