Astronauts winding up Olympic-size space mission
Cape Canaveral: The astronauts aboard the shuttle-station complex are finishing some last-minute packing.
After more than a week together, the two crews will say farewell early Friday and seal the hatches between them. Endeavour will undock from the space station Friday night.
The 11 space fliers teamed up over the past week to install a new room, Tranquility, and an observation deck at the International Space Station. Endeavour delivered the European compartments, the last of the major space station building blocks.
Mission Control congratulated the astronauts Thursday for "a docked mission of Olympic proportions." In a message, Mission Control noted, "You are officially the only folks who are able to get more hang time than Shaun White."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport