Astronauts winding up Olympic-size space mission
Cape Canaveral: The astronauts aboard the shuttle-station complex are finishing some last-minute packing.
After more than a week together, the two crews will say farewell early Friday and seal the hatches between them. Endeavour will undock from the space station Friday night.
The 11 space fliers teamed up over the past week to install a new room, Tranquility, and an observation deck at the International Space Station. Endeavour delivered the European compartments, the last of the major space station building blocks.
Mission Control congratulated the astronauts Thursday for "a docked mission of Olympic proportions." In a message, Mission Control noted, "You are officially the only folks who are able to get more hang time than Shaun White."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users