Astronauts winding up Olympic-size space mission
Cape Canaveral: The astronauts aboard the shuttle-station complex are finishing some last-minute packing.
After more than a week together, the two crews will say farewell early Friday and seal the hatches between them. Endeavour will undock from the space station Friday night.
The 11 space fliers teamed up over the past week to install a new room, Tranquility, and an observation deck at the International Space Station. Endeavour delivered the European compartments, the last of the major space station building blocks.
Mission Control congratulated the astronauts Thursday for "a docked mission of Olympic proportions." In a message, Mission Control noted, "You are officially the only folks who are able to get more hang time than Shaun White."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi