Astronomers optimistic about finding extraterrestrial life soon
Johannesburg: Astronomers are confident that it`s just a matter of time before extraterrestrial life is found.
Professor Jocelyn Bell Burnell, who discovered pulsars as a student in 1967, said that there are 6 000 stars and each holds a possibility of being a planet, News24 reported.
She added that one of the most starling things in astronomy in the last 10 years is the number of stars that have planets, of which many have still not been found.
The ` Square Kilometre Array` with ` MeerKAT ` will hopefully increase the ability to detect stars with planets and subsequently find extraterrestrial life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America