Astronomers optimistic about finding extraterrestrial life soon
Johannesburg: Astronomers are confident that it`s just a matter of time before extraterrestrial life is found.
Professor Jocelyn Bell Burnell, who discovered pulsars as a student in 1967, said that there are 6 000 stars and each holds a possibility of being a planet, News24 reported.
She added that one of the most starling things in astronomy in the last 10 years is the number of stars that have planets, of which many have still not been found.
The ` Square Kilometre Array` with ` MeerKAT ` will hopefully increase the ability to detect stars with planets and subsequently find extraterrestrial life.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler