Astronomers optimistic about finding extraterrestrial life soon
Johannesburg: Astronomers are confident that it`s just a matter of time before extraterrestrial life is found.
Professor Jocelyn Bell Burnell, who discovered pulsars as a student in 1967, said that there are 6 000 stars and each holds a possibility of being a planet, News24 reported.
She added that one of the most starling things in astronomy in the last 10 years is the number of stars that have planets, of which many have still not been found.
The ` Square Kilometre Array` with ` MeerKAT ` will hopefully increase the ability to detect stars with planets and subsequently find extraterrestrial life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog