Billionaire clown boards capsule for space flight
Baikonur, Kazakhstan: Billionaire entertainer Guy Laliberte has been greeted by a raucous crowds of friends and family during preparations for his Soyuz rocket trip to the International Space Station.
The Cirque du Soleil founder and two fellow astronauts were cheered by supporters wearing red clown noses during pre-launch preparations Wednesday at Russia`s Baikonur Cosmodrome in Kazakhstan.
As Canadian Laliberte, U.S. Astronaut Jeffrey Williams and Russian Cosmonaut Maxim Surayev climbed into their capsule on the launch pad, they sang the pop song, "Mammy Blue."
Among those cheering were Laliberte`s wife, former model Claudia Barilla, and Quebec singing star Garou.
The three were expected to blast off later Wednesday morning for a two-day trip to the orbiting laboratory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?