Black hole theory my `biggest blunder,` says Stephen Hawking
Zee Media Bureau
After a series of controversies,Stephen Hawking clarified his stance on Black holes and the role played by them in the universe.
Stephen Hawking had gained worldwide attention in a paper published earlier this week, by announcing a new theory that black holes may operate more like grey holes, and that event horizons may not necessary destroy all forms of matter. He now says light and information may be able to escape from black holes.
The mystery regarding black holes dates back to 1974,when Hawking had taken black hole theory and added quantum mechanics, sparking a scientific debate that still hasn`t found a clear answer.
According to reports, Hawking originally said that when a black hole dies, it takes everything inside with it. Now, 40 years later, he is arguing that it might be possible for light and information to escape.
Black holes have "apparent horizons" -surfaces that can trap light,but can also vary in shape, leaving the potential for light to escape, the report said.
On his 70th birthday this month, Hawking told that he regards his idea that information was destroyed by black holes as his "biggest blunder."
(With agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?