Brazilian earth station to get data from Indian satellites
New Delhi: India and Brazil Wednesday signed an agreement in Brasilia on cooperation in augmentation of a Brazilian earth station for receiving and processing data from Indian Remote Sensing satellites (IRS), the Prime Minister`s Office said.
The PMO said in a statement that the agreement provides for the reception of data from AWiFS and LISS-III payloads of IRS satellites, including but not limited to the Resourcesat-2 at Cuiaba earth station in Brazil on a government-to-government cooperation basis.
The agreement designates the National Institute for Space Research (INPE), the Brazilian executive agency for earth observation data reception, processing, archiving, and distribution, to take responsibility and to work together with the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and its executive agency , the National Remote Sensing Centre, in order to accomplish the actions in the agreement.
The agreement obliges ISRO to make available to INPE remotely sensed data of areas within the acquisition radius of INPE`s earth station in Cuiaba acquired by AWiFS and LISS-III payloads of IRS satellites, as agreed by the two countries.
The financial arrangement stipulated that INPE will, with its own regular budgetary resources, bear the cost for augmentation of the existing Resourcesat-1 hardware infrastructure at Cuiaba ground station for the purpose of receiving Resourcesat-2 data and for other IRS satellite data.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack