Bus-sized asteroid buzzes Earth, comes closer than the moon
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: NASA has reported that a small sized asteroid buzzed close to the Earth at a range that was closer than the moon on May 3 . The asteroid was about the size of a city bus but posed no threat to our planet.
According to reports, NASA`s Asteroid Watch project based at the agency`s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California, the asteroid 2014 HL129 made its closest approach to Earth at 08:13 GMT.
The asteroid, recently discovered on April 28 was around 25 feet wide, came about 299,338 km of Earth when it made its closest approach on Saturday morning.
Saturday`s close shave by asteroid 2014 HL129 came just days after its discovery on Wednesday, April 28, by astronomers with the Mt. Lemmon Survey team .
With Agency Inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video