See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: US space agency NASA has long been trying to discover evidence of life on the Red Planet, Mars. Launching its Curiosity rover on a mission to Mars was a step further in their mission to do so.
The droid has been extremely active and beamed back many fascinating images of the planet, which have created a huge buzz among scientists and space enthusiasts alike.
Be it an image of what looked like a woman, a spoon, water, the spitting image of what seemed like a statue of Buddha, Elvis and even an alien, Curiosity really has piqued everyone's curiosity as to what else the rover has in store!
Most of these findings, however, were made by UFO Sightings Daily editor Scott C Waring, who spends hours prowling through images of Mars released by NASA, thanks to Curiosity.
Sure enough, his hawk-like eyes have made yet another bizarre discovery – that of a monkey or a baboon-like creature!
Scrolling through an image of Mars released by NASA, Waring claims to have found a monkey on the planet. This discovery has made him call on real biologists to research further.
According to express.co.uk, Scott C Waring said, “If this isn't the most unexpected thing to find in a Mars photo, then I just don't know what is. I found a monkey slumping as it sits on a stone along a hillside.”
Waring, however, has expressed his disbelief at the US space agency, saying that NASA is trying to avoid revealing such findings.
Waring was further quoted saying that, “This is clearly a creature on a hillside, just like a baboon on a pile of stones in the African outback. Why the hell aren't biologists and zoologists looking into this? With every bit of evidence I find, I lose more respect for NASA that I once had. "Why hide the truth from the public, when they can take it well?”
As per express.co.uk, scientists dismiss the array of so-called sightings as the effects of pareidolia and over-active imaginations.
Pareidolia is when the brain tricks they eyes into seeing a familiar object or shape, such as animals or faces, in patterns and textures like rock surfaces or clouds.
They say that it would be just as easy to make the same discoveries in rocky photographs on Earth and point out that the so-called animals are always the same colour as the Martian rocks.
NASA will not be drawn on such "anomalies" in its images because it says it would become inundated by them, but in a rare comment last year it also dismissed them as pareidolia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre