Capacity of rockets could increase if PSLN comes in TN
Tuticorin (TN): Capacity of rockets could increase if a Polar Satellite Launch Station (PSLN) was established in Kanyakumari or Tirunelveli districts of Tamil Nadu, which were close to the Equator, a former ISRO scientist said here Wednesday.
Talking to reporters here, former ISRO scientist N Sivasubramaniam said, "Now our PSLV is carrying 1.25 tonne to 1.5 tonne capacity. Technically, we can say the capacity of rockets being launched can increase if we establish PSLN somehere in Kulasekarapattinam or in Kanyakumari as these places were close to the Equator. It could carry up to two tonne."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday