Capacity of rockets could increase if PSLN comes in TN
Tuticorin (TN): Capacity of rockets could increase if a Polar Satellite Launch Station (PSLN) was established in Kanyakumari or Tirunelveli districts of Tamil Nadu, which were close to the Equator, a former ISRO scientist said here Wednesday.
Talking to reporters here, former ISRO scientist N Sivasubramaniam said, "Now our PSLV is carrying 1.25 tonne to 1.5 tonne capacity. Technically, we can say the capacity of rockets being launched can increase if we establish PSLN somehere in Kulasekarapattinam or in Kanyakumari as these places were close to the Equator. It could carry up to two tonne."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video