Car-size asteroid to pass close by Earth Wednesday
Washington: U.S. scientists have said that a car-size asteroid will pass near Earth Wednesday, the second space rock in five days to fly near – but pose no threat of hitting – our planet.
According to an alert from NASA``s Asteroid Watch program, the asteroid is called 2011 CA7 and will fly within 64,300 miles (103,480 kilometers) of Earth, reports Fox News.
It is about 9 1/2 feet across (nearly 3 meters) and was discovered by astronomers earlier this month.
The asteroid will make its closest pass by Earth at around 2:25 p.m. EST (1925 GMT), according to the small-body database overseen by NASA``s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’