China launches advanced HD Earth observation satellite
Beijing: China on Tuesday successfully launched the most advanced high-definition Earth observation satellite, which could clearly show small objects with clarity in colour.
The Gaofen-2 was launched from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in north China`s Shanxi Province,the State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense (SASTIND) said.
It was boosted by a Long March-4B carrier rocket. The satellite is China`s most advanced high-definition Earth observation satellite, and is able to see a one-metre-long object in full color, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
It will be used for geographic and resources surveys, environment and climate change monitoring, precision agriculture, disaster relief and city planning, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes