China launches advanced HD Earth observation satellite
Beijing: China on Tuesday successfully launched the most advanced high-definition Earth observation satellite, which could clearly show small objects with clarity in colour.
The Gaofen-2 was launched from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center in north China`s Shanxi Province,the State Administration of Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense (SASTIND) said.
It was boosted by a Long March-4B carrier rocket. The satellite is China`s most advanced high-definition Earth observation satellite, and is able to see a one-metre-long object in full color, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
It will be used for geographic and resources surveys, environment and climate change monitoring, precision agriculture, disaster relief and city planning, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre