China launches navigation satellite
Beijing: China Thursday night successfully launched a satellite for its navigation system.
A Long March-3C carrier rocket carried the satellite into space at 11.33 p.m. from Xichang space centre in Sichuan province, Xinhua reported.
It was the 16th satellite for China`s Beidou navigation system that will provide services in the Asia-Pacific region in 2013 and globally by 2020, Xinhua reported.
China started building its own satellite navigation system in 2000 to break its dependence on the US global positioning system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday