China launches remote sensing satellite
Beijing: China launched Tuesday a remote sensing satellite from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in China`s Shanxi province, according to the centre.
The Yaogan XVIII remote-sensing satellite was successfully launched at 10.50 a.m. on the back of a Long March 2C carrier rocket from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in China`s Shanxi province, Xinhua reported citing a press release of the centre as saying.
The satellite will be used to conduct scientific experiments, carry out land surveys, monitor crop yields and aid in preventing and reducing natural disasters.
The launch marked the 183th mission for the Long March rocket family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof