China launches remote sensing satellite
Beijing: China launched Tuesday a remote sensing satellite from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in China`s Shanxi province, according to the centre.
The Yaogan XVIII remote-sensing satellite was successfully launched at 10.50 a.m. on the back of a Long March 2C carrier rocket from the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre in China`s Shanxi province, Xinhua reported citing a press release of the centre as saying.
The satellite will be used to conduct scientific experiments, carry out land surveys, monitor crop yields and aid in preventing and reducing natural disasters.
The launch marked the 183th mission for the Long March rocket family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ICICI, Axis banks join Swift's global payments initiative
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Wayne Rooney aims to take up coaching after retirement
- Need for 'Sharia' like laws to check crimes against women: MNS chief Raj Thackeray
- Muttiah Muralitharan: Sri Lanka cricket files complaint against former off-spinner for insulting team manager