China launches telecommunication satellite
Beijing: China successfully launched a telecommunication satellite into orbit Saturday night.
The ChinaSat 2A was launched at 11.56 p.m. using a Long March-3B carrier rocket from Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in Sichuan province, Xinhua reported.
According to China Satellite Communications Co. Ltd., the satellite developed by China Academy of Space Technology is meant to meet the demands of China`s radio and TV broadcasting and broadband multimedia transmissions.
Saturday`s launch marked the 163th mission of the Long March carrier rocket series developed by China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology under China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!