China may soon allow rich to step into space
Beijing: Rich Chinese tourists will be able to go on a journey into space as China may send its spacecraft into space before the end of 2014.
A Netherlands-based space tourism firm Space Expedition Corporation (SXC), has signed an agreement with Dexo Travel, a domestic travel agency, to take rich Chinese to space for 95,000 dollars.
Zhang Yong, chief executive officer of Dexo Travel , said that more than 100 people have expressed an intention to book space trip tickets since registrations for the Lynx Mark I spacecraft began on the Chinese mainland.
The spacecraft is expected to launch at the end of 2014, and the Lynx Mark II spacecraft would begin flights in 2015.
The spacecraft, which is produced by the US private aerospace company XCOR Aerospace, can only carry one astronaut and one tourist, and will stay in space for five to six minutes while the tourist can enjoy a view of space and one-third of Earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!