China may soon allow rich to step into space
Beijing: Rich Chinese tourists will be able to go on a journey into space as China may send its spacecraft into space before the end of 2014.
A Netherlands-based space tourism firm Space Expedition Corporation (SXC), has signed an agreement with Dexo Travel, a domestic travel agency, to take rich Chinese to space for 95,000 dollars.
Zhang Yong, chief executive officer of Dexo Travel , said that more than 100 people have expressed an intention to book space trip tickets since registrations for the Lynx Mark I spacecraft began on the Chinese mainland.
The spacecraft is expected to launch at the end of 2014, and the Lynx Mark II spacecraft would begin flights in 2015.
The spacecraft, which is produced by the US private aerospace company XCOR Aerospace, can only carry one astronaut and one tourist, and will stay in space for five to six minutes while the tourist can enjoy a view of space and one-third of Earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- DNA: Today in History | 25th August, 2016
- Ronaldo beats Bale, Griezmann to win second UEFA Best Player in Europe Award
- After tribal's walk with wife's body, Odisha launches hearse scheme
- PM Modi pips Amitabh Bachchan, becomes most followed Indian on Twitter
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG