China may soon allow rich to step into space
Beijing: Rich Chinese tourists will be able to go on a journey into space as China may send its spacecraft into space before the end of 2014.
A Netherlands-based space tourism firm Space Expedition Corporation (SXC), has signed an agreement with Dexo Travel, a domestic travel agency, to take rich Chinese to space for 95,000 dollars.
Zhang Yong, chief executive officer of Dexo Travel , said that more than 100 people have expressed an intention to book space trip tickets since registrations for the Lynx Mark I spacecraft began on the Chinese mainland.
The spacecraft is expected to launch at the end of 2014, and the Lynx Mark II spacecraft would begin flights in 2015.
The spacecraft, which is produced by the US private aerospace company XCOR Aerospace, can only carry one astronaut and one tourist, and will stay in space for five to six minutes while the tourist can enjoy a view of space and one-third of Earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees