China may soon allow rich to step into space
Beijing: Rich Chinese tourists will be able to go on a journey into space as China may send its spacecraft into space before the end of 2014.
A Netherlands-based space tourism firm Space Expedition Corporation (SXC), has signed an agreement with Dexo Travel, a domestic travel agency, to take rich Chinese to space for 95,000 dollars.
Zhang Yong, chief executive officer of Dexo Travel , said that more than 100 people have expressed an intention to book space trip tickets since registrations for the Lynx Mark I spacecraft began on the Chinese mainland.
The spacecraft is expected to launch at the end of 2014, and the Lynx Mark II spacecraft would begin flights in 2015.
The spacecraft, which is produced by the US private aerospace company XCOR Aerospace, can only carry one astronaut and one tourist, and will stay in space for five to six minutes while the tourist can enjoy a view of space and one-third of Earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1
- Low-cost cancer treatment should be priority: NITI Aayog CEO
- SC orders medical board in abnormal foetus case
- Obama vows support for Germany after Munich shooting
- Islamic State supporters hail deadly Munich shooting on social media