China mulls double satellite launches to save cost
Beijing: After successfully launching double navigational satellites through one rocket two days ago, China plans to do the same in future missions to save costs and time.
China launched two satellites for its Beidou global navigation and positioning system into space atop a carrier Long March 3B rocket two days ago.
Beidou is stated to be rival to the US` Global Positioning System (GPS).
At a time when China is planning many space launches, such an efficient way of launching navigation satellites will reduce both time and costs, said Jiang Jie, chief designer of the mission`s launch carrier system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!