China plans more Mars probes before 2030
Beijing: China is planning a three-phase Mars space mission to collect samples from the Red Planet by 2030, the chief scientist of the country`s lunar orbiter project said today.
The three stages are remote sensing, soft-landing, exploration and return after collecting automatic sampling, Ouyang Ziyuan said at a lecture organised by Chinese Society of Astronautics.
Ouyang also briefed on the tests of China`s lunar probe of the Chang`e-3, a moon-landing orbiter expected to be launched in the second half of 2013, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The Chang`e-3 programme could help build a telecommunication network that covers a future Mars probe, Ouyang said.
He said that Chang`e-5 was expected to return to earth with samples from the moon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement