China plans more Mars probes before 2030
Beijing: China is planning a three-phase Mars space mission to collect samples from the Red Planet by 2030, the chief scientist of the country`s lunar orbiter project said today.
The three stages are remote sensing, soft-landing, exploration and return after collecting automatic sampling, Ouyang Ziyuan said at a lecture organised by Chinese Society of Astronautics.
Ouyang also briefed on the tests of China`s lunar probe of the Chang`e-3, a moon-landing orbiter expected to be launched in the second half of 2013, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
The Chang`e-3 programme could help build a telecommunication network that covers a future Mars probe, Ouyang said.
He said that Chang`e-5 was expected to return to earth with samples from the moon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?