China successfully launches its lunar probe
Beijing: The launch of China`s lunar probe Chang`e-3 was "successful", the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre announced Monday.
Zhang Zhenzhong, director of the centre, made the announcement after the lunar probe entered the earth-moon transfer orbit and unfolded its solar panels.
Chang`e-3 lunar probe, aboard a Long March-3B carrier rocket, blasted off from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in southwest China at 1:30 am Monday.
It is expected to soft-land on the moon in mid-December.
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Why UPA cancelled AgustaWestland in 2014?
- Why UPA cancelled AgustaWestland deal in 2014? - Part II
- Windows 10 gets new Facebook, Messenger apps
- Digvijay Singh's youngest daughter succumbs to cancer
- World Bank is looking ways to use Aadhar experience'
- This young maid wanted to do anything to 'please' her boss: Watch video to know what happened
- Haji Ali row: Forcibly entering a temple or mosque is wrong, first woman Qazi of UP to Trupti Desai