China to launch 12 weather satellites by 2020
Beijing: China will launch 12 meteorological satellites before 2020 to boost the country`s weather monitoring capabilities, an official said Saturday.
The satellites would be among 14 scheduled to be launched as part of a 10-year plan of the China Meteorological Administration, its director Zheng Guoguang told Xinhua.
"The launch of these satellites will dramatically boost China`s weather monitoring capabilities, providing better services for a variety of industries," he said.
Zheng is a member of the national committee of the Chinese People`s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC), the country`s top political advisory body.
On Jan 13, China successfully launched the Fengyun-II 07 meteorological satellite from its Xichang satellite launch centre.
The Fengyun-II 07 -- the 13th such satellite launched by China since 1988 -- would be used for monitoring emergency natural disasters, Zheng said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack