China to launch first national geoinformation survey
Beijing: China will launch the first national survey on its geographic conditions next year, the authorities said Monday.
The three-year survey will cost about 1.1 billion yuan ($175 million), Xinhua quoted the national administration of surveying, mapping and geoinformation as saying.
Data on the country`s territorial size, geological regions, topographic and geomorphic characteristics as well as road and transportation networks will be collected.
The information will be used to set up a national database on geographic conditions.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India