China to launch first national geoinformation survey
Beijing: China will launch the first national survey on its geographic conditions next year, the authorities said Monday.
The three-year survey will cost about 1.1 billion yuan ($175 million), Xinhua quoted the national administration of surveying, mapping and geoinformation as saying.
Data on the country`s territorial size, geological regions, topographic and geomorphic characteristics as well as road and transportation networks will be collected.
The information will be used to set up a national database on geographic conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon