China to launch first national geoinformation survey
Beijing: China will launch the first national survey on its geographic conditions next year, the authorities said Monday.
The three-year survey will cost about 1.1 billion yuan ($175 million), Xinhua quoted the national administration of surveying, mapping and geoinformation as saying.
Data on the country`s territorial size, geological regions, topographic and geomorphic characteristics as well as road and transportation networks will be collected.
The information will be used to set up a national database on geographic conditions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you