Chinese astronauts get first e-mail from earth
Beijing: Three Chinese astronauts, including the country`s first woman cosmonaut currently orbiting in the space lab module `Tiangong-1` received their first e-mail from Earth today.
The e-mail containing photos, text and videos was sent through a special communication channel between the control centre and the lab module, Beijing Aerospace Control Centre (BACC) said.
Through this communication channel, astronauts can maintain instant contact with Earth, which facilitates their work and contributes to the quality of their spare time, the statement said.
Female astronaut Liu Yang, along with three others, entered the cabin of the Tiangong-1 yesterday becoming the first group of Chinese to enter an orbiter in space, shortly after a successful automatic docking procedure between the orbiter and the Shenzhou-9 spaceship.
Deng Yibing, chief engineer of the astronaut training centre, told state-run news agency Xinhua that the astronauts had been busy checking the facilities and doing experiments over the past day.
The environment inside the orbiter has been quite comfortable, with the temperature ranging from 22 to 23 degrees Celsius and the humidity at 40 per cent, Deng said.
Although they experience 16 sunrises and sunsets every 24 hours as the orbiter circles Earth every 90 minutes, astronauts wake up and rest in line with Earth time, he said.
"They got up at 6 am Beijing Time today and will go to bed in the evening," Deng said.
One will remain on duty while the others sleep and the three will take turns sleeping, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'