Chinese women fly most advanced fighter jet
Beijing: Five female pilots have become China`s first women to fly the J-10 combat aircraft, the country`s most advanced fighter jet, a media report said.
J-10, also called the Vigorous Dragon, is a multirole combat aircraft capable of air-to-air combat and ground-attack missions, the China Daily reported Friday.
The five women were among China`s first group of 16 female fighter pilots.
They have completed their first solo flights navigating the J-10 in late July.
The air force first began to recruit female combat pilots in 2005.
China has trained about 500 female pilots since women were first permitted to enroll in flight schools in 1951.
They have completed various missions, including emergency rescue and relief.
China also plans to train women pilots to fly bombers, early-warning aircraft and tanker aircraft.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog