Countdown for ISRO`s PSLV C23 begins at Sriharikota
Chennai: The 49-hour countdown for launch of ISRO`s PSLV C23 carrying a French Earth observation satellite along with four others from Singapore, Canada and Germany on June 30, commenced at the spaceport of Sriharikota on Saturday.
"The 49 hour countdown of PSLV C23 Mission started at 08:52 AM at Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota," ISRO said.
The Launch Authorisation Board (LAB), which met yesterday at Sriharikota, cleared the launch, paving the way for the start of the countdown.
The launch, originally fixed at 9.49 AM on June 30, has been rescheduled for 9.52 AM due to the probability of space debris movement during the launch window.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to witness the launch of the French satellite, SPOT-7 and the co-passenger spacecraft from Canada, Germany and Singapore from the first launch pad at Satish Dhawan Space Centre at Sriharikota, about 100 km from here.
SPOT-7 is an Earth observing satellite, similar to Indian Remote Sensing System (IRSS).
ISRO has so far launched 35 satellites of foreign countries onboard its workhorse Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof