Countdown for PSLV-C 15 launch begins
Chennai: The over 50-hour count down for the
17th flight launch of ISRO`S Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle
PSLV-C 15 from Sriharikota spaceport began today.
The countdown for the launch from Satish Dhawan Space
Centre scheduled at 9.22 am on Monday, began at 6.52 am today,
ISRO officials said.
"The countdown is progressing well and the launch will be
as per schedule," ISRO spokesperson S Satish told.
He said preparations are in full swing and all parameters
for the launch of PSLV-C-15, which would put five satellites,
into the orbit, were doing well.
These satellites include remote sensing satellite
Cartosat-2B from India, Alsat from Algeria, nano satellites
from Canada and Switzerland and a pico (very small) satellite
called Studsat built by seven engineering students in Andhra
Pradesh and Karnataka.
The PSLV launch was to take place on May 9 last but was
postponed because of a drop in the pressure in the vehicle`s
This would be the first mission by ISRO after the failure
of India`s ambitious home-made cryogenic engine powered
GSLV-D3 in April last.
Satish said the satellite would help in urban planning
and infrastructure development such as laying ring-roads and
rerouting of highways.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read