Delhi kids to photograph Earth`s surface
New Delhi: A three-day workshop will allow school students here to photograph a range of fascinating features on the earth`s surface, courtesy a NASA sponsored education programme, an NGO said Monday.
The three-hour workshops - under the project International Space Station (ISS) EarthKAM - will begin Tuesday at the Indraprastha World School. The project is being coordinated by NGO Science Popularisation Association of Communicators and Educators (SPACE).
"Participants will be able to control a digital camera - the same serviced by astronaut Sunita Williams on her last mission - mounted on the ISS the processed images will then be available for viewing and studying," said a statement.
"Teachers can use these images for the development of the curriculum plans for studies in subjects like physics, oceanography, climate, geography, Earth science etc.," it added.
The workshop will give the students an opportunity to view large scale geographical features of the earth, weather and climate and also to study the areas affected by natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, fires etc.
Through this project they also learn about the mission and science of ISS, and about the life of astronauts on board ISS, said the statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read