Did aliens stop by Australian highway?
Sydney: An elderly Australian woman has claimed she was once stopped by two extra-terrestrial beings on a "Ford-like spaceship" that stopped by a highway.
Betty from Alice Springs in Northern Territory state said her close encounter occurred in 1969, when she was driving towards Alice Springs at 4 am with her six-year-old daughter.
She said they saw a spaceship shaped like a Ford station wagon "flying alongside us", before it took off surrounded by green, blue and red flames.
"We saw these two figures inside this thing. It looked like a Ford station wagon, with the windows. It came in front of us really quickly."
Her daughter then said: "There`s nothing to be afraid of."
"I said, `Why did you say that?`, and she said, `I don`t know, it just came out of my mouth`. And as I was talking, the whole think took off like a shot out of a gun ... And then there was all this green and blue and red flames or lights all around it. I`ll never forget it," Betty was quoted as saying by The Daily Telegraph of London.
Other callers said they also saw visitors from other planets.
A man named Dennis said his sighting was shared by a crowd of people on the Dripstone Cliffs.
"A mate and I were looking down the beach and saw this orangey-pink light progressing towards us. No sound at all," he said.
"We just watched it in silence as it cruised on past the casino."
And Cameron from Alice Springs said he was near a swamp in 1983 when he saw a flying saucer land 700 metres away. "It was half the size of a football field," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad