Don`t miss the rare `Blood Moon` Lunar Eclipse tonight
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: Direct your eyes towards the sky because if you are lucky,you can get to witness the natural world’s most spectacular display: a total lunar eclipse.
Yes! Get your binoculars ready because you can`t afford to miss the spectacular view of the “blood moon.”. Blood moon is a sequence of lunar eclipses called a tetrad that will occur over the next two years.
But you will have to sacrifice your sleep to watch this rare phenomenon. At 12:53 a.m. ET, the Earth will begin to position itself between the sun and the moon for the first of a series of four total eclipses to conclude in September 2015.
The entire 78 minutes of the total eclipse will be visible from all of North and South America, New Zealand and Hawaii. In North America, the eclipse will begin at about 11pm Pacific Time on Monday (2am on Tuesday Eastern Time) and last about 3-1/2 hours. Sky watchers in the western Pacific can catch only the last half. The moon will be setting in most of Europe and Africa during the eclipse, so residents there probably won`t see much.
You can also check out the U.S. Naval Observatory’s website, where you can enter your city and get data on exactly when you can expect to see the best eclipse views in your area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt