Earth, moon & mars should be considered as single economic entity: Kalam
Thiruvananthapuram: Former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam has said scientists should start considering earth, moon and mars as an economic complex for future habitat expansion of human beings.
In his public lecture on the topic ``It can be done``, at the ongoing 97th Indian Science Congress here, he suggested that Indian scientists should look forward to celebrating the socio-economic development of India in 2020.
He then proposed his vision of transition of Indian Science from 2020 to 2050, saying that the vision for 2050 is one of dynamic growth.
"A global knowledge society backed by value system and spirit of compassion would be the backbone of the vision," he said.
"Proper water management, sustainable agriculture development using organic farming practices, energy consumption and sustainability, customized healthcare for promoting enhanced longevity, balancing the greenhouse gas budget and emergence of new global leaders focussing on multi-disciplinary action are some of the key elements of the vision," he added.
Dr Kalam emphasised the need to develop and promote connectivity and collaboration among universities and organizations like ISRO, DAE, CSIR as well as industries.
"Improving science infrastructure in schools and colleges, bringing a fundamental change in Indian universities and institutions based on both academic and research performance and focusing on challenges of human needs are other issues that require urgent attention he said.
He wanted Indian scientists to help science evolve globally with a comprehensive approach by 2050.
He stressed the need to ignite the creativity of children from pre-school level and to inculcate interest in research from school to university level. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured