Earth, moon & mars should be considered as single economic entity: Kalam
Thiruvananthapuram: Former President Dr APJ Abdul Kalam has said scientists should start considering earth, moon and mars as an economic complex for future habitat expansion of human beings.
In his public lecture on the topic ``It can be done``, at the ongoing 97th Indian Science Congress here, he suggested that Indian scientists should look forward to celebrating the socio-economic development of India in 2020.
He then proposed his vision of transition of Indian Science from 2020 to 2050, saying that the vision for 2050 is one of dynamic growth.
"A global knowledge society backed by value system and spirit of compassion would be the backbone of the vision," he said.
"Proper water management, sustainable agriculture development using organic farming practices, energy consumption and sustainability, customized healthcare for promoting enhanced longevity, balancing the greenhouse gas budget and emergence of new global leaders focussing on multi-disciplinary action are some of the key elements of the vision," he added.
Dr Kalam emphasised the need to develop and promote connectivity and collaboration among universities and organizations like ISRO, DAE, CSIR as well as industries.
"Improving science infrastructure in schools and colleges, bringing a fundamental change in Indian universities and institutions based on both academic and research performance and focusing on challenges of human needs are other issues that require urgent attention he said.
He wanted Indian scientists to help science evolve globally with a comprehensive approach by 2050.
He stressed the need to ignite the creativity of children from pre-school level and to inculcate interest in research from school to university level. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city