Eminent electronics scientist Ramadas Shenoy passes away
Bangalore: Dr Ramadas P Shenoy, retired Distinguished Scientist of DRDO, passed away last night after a brief illness.
He was 83 and is survived by wife and three daughters
Dr Shenoy, a Padmashree awardee, was the former Director of Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) Bangalore, according to a statement from Defence Research and Development Organisation.
Born on April 28, 1929, Dr Shenoy, an eminent electronics scientist and internationally acclaimed radar expert, was considered the `Father of radar research and development in India`.
He served in BEL, DRDL, LRDE in various capacities and retired as Director of LRDE. He was one of the first Distinguished Scientist of DRDO and also the recipient of Lifetime achievement award from DRDO in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city