Eminent electronics scientist Ramadas Shenoy passes away
Bangalore: Dr Ramadas P Shenoy, retired Distinguished Scientist of DRDO, passed away last night after a brief illness.
He was 83 and is survived by wife and three daughters
Dr Shenoy, a Padmashree awardee, was the former Director of Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) Bangalore, according to a statement from Defence Research and Development Organisation.
Born on April 28, 1929, Dr Shenoy, an eminent electronics scientist and internationally acclaimed radar expert, was considered the `Father of radar research and development in India`.
He served in BEL, DRDL, LRDE in various capacities and retired as Director of LRDE. He was one of the first Distinguished Scientist of DRDO and also the recipient of Lifetime achievement award from DRDO in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena