Eminent electronics scientist Ramadas Shenoy passes away
Bangalore: Dr Ramadas P Shenoy, retired Distinguished Scientist of DRDO, passed away last night after a brief illness.
He was 83 and is survived by wife and three daughters
Dr Shenoy, a Padmashree awardee, was the former Director of Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) Bangalore, according to a statement from Defence Research and Development Organisation.
Born on April 28, 1929, Dr Shenoy, an eminent electronics scientist and internationally acclaimed radar expert, was considered the `Father of radar research and development in India`.
He served in BEL, DRDL, LRDE in various capacities and retired as Director of LRDE. He was one of the first Distinguished Scientist of DRDO and also the recipient of Lifetime achievement award from DRDO in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you