Eminent electronics scientist Ramadas Shenoy passes away
Bangalore: Dr Ramadas P Shenoy, retired Distinguished Scientist of DRDO, passed away last night after a brief illness.
He was 83 and is survived by wife and three daughters
Dr Shenoy, a Padmashree awardee, was the former Director of Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) Bangalore, according to a statement from Defence Research and Development Organisation.
Born on April 28, 1929, Dr Shenoy, an eminent electronics scientist and internationally acclaimed radar expert, was considered the `Father of radar research and development in India`.
He served in BEL, DRDL, LRDE in various capacities and retired as Director of LRDE. He was one of the first Distinguished Scientist of DRDO and also the recipient of Lifetime achievement award from DRDO in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video