Eminent electronics scientist Ramadas Shenoy passes away
Bangalore: Dr Ramadas P Shenoy, retired Distinguished Scientist of DRDO, passed away last night after a brief illness.
He was 83 and is survived by wife and three daughters
Dr Shenoy, a Padmashree awardee, was the former Director of Electronics and Radar Development Establishment (LRDE) Bangalore, according to a statement from Defence Research and Development Organisation.
Born on April 28, 1929, Dr Shenoy, an eminent electronics scientist and internationally acclaimed radar expert, was considered the `Father of radar research and development in India`.
He served in BEL, DRDL, LRDE in various capacities and retired as Director of LRDE. He was one of the first Distinguished Scientist of DRDO and also the recipient of Lifetime achievement award from DRDO in 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?