European rocket to launch Indian satellite GSAT-10
Bangalore: India`s latest communication satellite GSAT-10 is slated to be launched from Kourou in French Guiana on September 22.
The satellite will be launched by European space consortium Arianespace`s Ariane-5 rocket.
"The upcoming Ariane 5 flight with GSAT-10 and the Astra 2F satellite as its co-passenger is set for September 21 (early hours of Sept 22 in India) from Spaceport`s ELA-3 launch complex. This will be Arianespace`s fifth mission from French Guiana in 2012 with the heavy-lift workhorse," an Arianespace statement said.
Bangalore-headquartered Indian Space Research Organisation said the 3,400-kg satellite, having minimum operational life of 15 years, would assist aircraft navigation over Indian airspace and in adjoining areas. It would provide communication services and augment the existing ones.
GSAT-10 is a Rs 750 crore mission, including launch services cost.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai