European rocket to launch Indian satellite GSAT-10
Bangalore: India`s latest communication satellite GSAT-10 is slated to be launched from Kourou in French Guiana on September 22.
The satellite will be launched by European space consortium Arianespace`s Ariane-5 rocket.
"The upcoming Ariane 5 flight with GSAT-10 and the Astra 2F satellite as its co-passenger is set for September 21 (early hours of Sept 22 in India) from Spaceport`s ELA-3 launch complex. This will be Arianespace`s fifth mission from French Guiana in 2012 with the heavy-lift workhorse," an Arianespace statement said.
Bangalore-headquartered Indian Space Research Organisation said the 3,400-kg satellite, having minimum operational life of 15 years, would assist aircraft navigation over Indian airspace and in adjoining areas. It would provide communication services and augment the existing ones.
GSAT-10 is a Rs 750 crore mission, including launch services cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday