European rocket to launch Indian satellite GSAT-10
Bangalore: India`s latest communication satellite GSAT-10 is slated to be launched from Kourou in French Guiana on September 22.
The satellite will be launched by European space consortium Arianespace`s Ariane-5 rocket.
"The upcoming Ariane 5 flight with GSAT-10 and the Astra 2F satellite as its co-passenger is set for September 21 (early hours of Sept 22 in India) from Spaceport`s ELA-3 launch complex. This will be Arianespace`s fifth mission from French Guiana in 2012 with the heavy-lift workhorse," an Arianespace statement said.
Bangalore-headquartered Indian Space Research Organisation said the 3,400-kg satellite, having minimum operational life of 15 years, would assist aircraft navigation over Indian airspace and in adjoining areas. It would provide communication services and augment the existing ones.
GSAT-10 is a Rs 750 crore mission, including launch services cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan