European rocket to launch Indian satellite GSAT-10
Bangalore: India`s latest communication satellite GSAT-10 is slated to be launched from Kourou in French Guiana on September 22.
The satellite will be launched by European space consortium Arianespace`s Ariane-5 rocket.
"The upcoming Ariane 5 flight with GSAT-10 and the Astra 2F satellite as its co-passenger is set for September 21 (early hours of Sept 22 in India) from Spaceport`s ELA-3 launch complex. This will be Arianespace`s fifth mission from French Guiana in 2012 with the heavy-lift workhorse," an Arianespace statement said.
Bangalore-headquartered Indian Space Research Organisation said the 3,400-kg satellite, having minimum operational life of 15 years, would assist aircraft navigation over Indian airspace and in adjoining areas. It would provide communication services and augment the existing ones.
GSAT-10 is a Rs 750 crore mission, including launch services cost.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena