Fetch 100 million pounds for trip to Moon
London: Wish to visit moon, fetch out 100 million pounds.
A British firm has unveiled plans to blast passengers into lunar orbit for a 100 million pounds fare.
The first voyages aboard Russian shuttles once used to spy on the West could launch in 2015, Isle of Man-based Excalibur Almaz said.
Until now space tourists have travelled only to the International Space Station and back.
According to The Sun tabloid, Excalibur has bought and recycled four re-entry capsules and two space stations from Russian firm NPO Mashinostroyenia.
Customers will first dock with one of the space stations in low-Earth orbit. From there they will be blasted into the Moon`s orbit, taking them 234,000 miles from home.
The flights, which could last eight months, will then continue into space, taking them further from Earth than achieved before.
The firm whose Isle of Man home is rated the world`s fifth most - likely place to man the next mission to the Moon yesterday drew crowds by displaying one of its vessels in Westminster, London.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly