First-flight testing of GSLV MK-III in April: ISRO chief
Rajkot: The first flight testing of GSLV
MK-III rocket, which will put heavier satellites in space, is
likely to be carried out in April, the ISRO Wednesday said.
ISRO Chairman K Radhakrishnan said scientists are
working hard in developing the satellite and expressed hope
that its first flight-testing would take place in April.
Addressing nearly 650 delegates at the 16th National
Space Science Symposium (NSSS) hosted by the Saurashtra
University here, Radhakrishnan said human presence in solar
system is the next logical step in space research, which is a
very challenging job because of high expectations.
On January 24, ISRO had successfully conducted the
static testing of GSLV Mk III`s Solid Propellant Booster
Rocket Stage, S200, at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre in
Sriharikota. The testing of the liquid stage is expected later
He said it is ISRO`s dream to send human beings to the
moon. "We are pursuing this dream."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!