GE designs iconic Moon boot-inspired sneakers
London: GE has designed sneakers that have been inspired by the space boots worn by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin when they set foot on the moon.
July 20th marks the 45th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11 and 100 pairs of the shoes would be available for sale online at the same time as the moon landing to honor the occasion, the Verge reported.
GE, which was one of the many companies and agencies that provided designs for the original launch, partnered with Los Angeles-based boutique Shoe Company Android Homme and JackThreads and launched a campaign on Snapchat to promote the materials used in the shoes.
The company insisted that the materials used in the sneakers is what make them stand out, as each side of the shoe is comprised of super-light, heat-resistant carbon fiber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report