GE designs iconic Moon boot-inspired sneakers
London: GE has designed sneakers that have been inspired by the space boots worn by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin when they set foot on the moon.
July 20th marks the 45th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11 and 100 pairs of the shoes would be available for sale online at the same time as the moon landing to honor the occasion, the Verge reported.
GE, which was one of the many companies and agencies that provided designs for the original launch, partnered with Los Angeles-based boutique Shoe Company Android Homme and JackThreads and launched a campaign on Snapchat to promote the materials used in the shoes.
The company insisted that the materials used in the sneakers is what make them stand out, as each side of the shoe is comprised of super-light, heat-resistant carbon fiber.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know