GE designs iconic Moon boot-inspired sneakers
London: GE has designed sneakers that have been inspired by the space boots worn by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin when they set foot on the moon.
July 20th marks the 45th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11 and 100 pairs of the shoes would be available for sale online at the same time as the moon landing to honor the occasion, the Verge reported.
GE, which was one of the many companies and agencies that provided designs for the original launch, partnered with Los Angeles-based boutique Shoe Company Android Homme and JackThreads and launched a campaign on Snapchat to promote the materials used in the shoes.
The company insisted that the materials used in the sneakers is what make them stand out, as each side of the shoe is comprised of super-light, heat-resistant carbon fiber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- NGT seeks details of Rs 20,000 crore expenditure on cleaning Ganga
- Stolen LMG recovered in Punjab, red alert sounded for runaway BSF trooper
- India wants close security coordination with Bangladesh: Envoy
- LeEco launches new video membership brand for young consumers
- Normandy church attack: French priest, two hostage takers killed; Islamic State claims responsibility