GE designs iconic Moon boot-inspired sneakers
London: GE has designed sneakers that have been inspired by the space boots worn by Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin when they set foot on the moon.
July 20th marks the 45th anniversary of the launch of Apollo 11 and 100 pairs of the shoes would be available for sale online at the same time as the moon landing to honor the occasion, the Verge reported.
GE, which was one of the many companies and agencies that provided designs for the original launch, partnered with Los Angeles-based boutique Shoe Company Android Homme and JackThreads and launched a campaign on Snapchat to promote the materials used in the shoes.
The company insisted that the materials used in the sneakers is what make them stand out, as each side of the shoe is comprised of super-light, heat-resistant carbon fiber.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS