Get ready to watch Brightest full moon of 2010
New Delhi: The brightest and biggest full
moon of 2010 will be seen on Saturday.
The full moon tomorrow will be around 15 per cent
bigger and 30 per cent brighter as compared to other full
moons during the year.
"The moon will not only shine brighter but will also
appear bigger as compared to other full moons during the
year," Science Popularization Association of Communicators and
Educators (SPACE) Director C B Devgun said.
The full moon will be at its best at around 8 PM, he
The phenomenon occurs as the Moon`s orbit is
elliptical with one side 50,000 km closer to Earth than the
At closest, our natural satellite lies roughly
3,56,630 kms from Earth compared to the Moon`s average
distance of 3,84,800 km from Earth.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case