Get ready to watch Brightest full moon of 2010
New Delhi: The brightest and biggest full
moon of 2010 will be seen on Saturday.
The full moon tomorrow will be around 15 per cent
bigger and 30 per cent brighter as compared to other full
moons during the year.
"The moon will not only shine brighter but will also
appear bigger as compared to other full moons during the
year," Science Popularization Association of Communicators and
Educators (SPACE) Director C B Devgun said.
The full moon will be at its best at around 8 PM, he
The phenomenon occurs as the Moon`s orbit is
elliptical with one side 50,000 km closer to Earth than the
At closest, our natural satellite lies roughly
3,56,630 kms from Earth compared to the Moon`s average
distance of 3,84,800 km from Earth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation