GSAT-8 to be launched on May 21
India`s advanced communication satellite GSAT-8 would be launched on May 21 from Kourou in French Guiana by the European space consortium Arianespace.
"All the pre-launch activities are progressing satisfactorily," Bangalore-headquartered Indian Space Research Organisation said in a statement today.
GSAT-8 would be launched on board Ariane-V rocket at 0208 hours (IST) on May 21.
The launch was originally scheduled for May 20 but waspostponed by a day due to certain additional inspection that had been taken up by Arianespace, ISRO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Wimbledon: Leander Paes and Rohan Bopanna face-off likely in pre-quarters
- Pak envoy Abdul Basit unfazed by LeT attack in J&K's Pampore, says 'let's enjoy Iftar party'
- Euro 2016: Italy`s Antonio Candreva to miss pre-quarters clash with Spain
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain