GSLV D5 launch planned in July: Narayanasamy
Chennai: India plans to undertake launch of GSLV D5, fitted with indigenous cryogenic engine and carrying communication satellite GSAT-14, in July, Union Minister V Narayanasamy said today.
"Russia had denied us the cryogenic engine. Our scientists are working hard for indigenous engine. In July, India will launch GSAT-14 from the spaceport in Sriharikota," the Minister of State for PMO told a convocation here.
GSAT-14 satellite with six extended C band and 6 Ku band transponders envisages enhancing the communication transponder capacity, ISRO sources said.
ISRO`s last two attempts to launch satellites were a failure. GSLV-F06 carrying satellite GSAT-5P on December 25, 2010 and GSLV-D3 carrying satellite GSAT-4 on April 15, 2010 were unsuccessful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read