GSLV D5 launch planned in July: Narayanasamy
Chennai: India plans to undertake launch of GSLV D5, fitted with indigenous cryogenic engine and carrying communication satellite GSAT-14, in July, Union Minister V Narayanasamy said today.
"Russia had denied us the cryogenic engine. Our scientists are working hard for indigenous engine. In July, India will launch GSAT-14 from the spaceport in Sriharikota," the Minister of State for PMO told a convocation here.
GSAT-14 satellite with six extended C band and 6 Ku band transponders envisages enhancing the communication transponder capacity, ISRO sources said.
ISRO`s last two attempts to launch satellites were a failure. GSLV-F06 carrying satellite GSAT-5P on December 25, 2010 and GSLV-D3 carrying satellite GSAT-4 on April 15, 2010 were unsuccessful.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip