HAL delivers Mars orbiter mission satellite structure to ISRO
Bangalore: Hindustan Aeronautics Limited has handed over the Mars orbiter mission satellite structure to the ISRO Satellite Centre here.
The mission is aimed at studying the climate, geology, origin and evolution of the red planet, according to the Navratna defence PSU headquartered here.
"The satellite structure is an assembly of composite and metallic honeycomb sandwich panels with a central composite cylinder," HAL Chairman R K Tyagi said.
The assembly work was carried out at HAL`s aerospace division here. ISRO will build the other satellite subsystems and scientific payload onto this structure. The completed satellite will ultimately embark on a voyage to orbit planet Mars, HAL said.
ISRO has already announced that it plans to undertake the Mars mission in November next year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth