`Huge fireball` appears over Britain
London: An unusually bright slow-moving light appeared in the night sky above northern Britain, a media report said Sunday.
Police forces across Britain have been inundated with calls after what is believed to be a meteor was spotted in the sky around 10 p.m. Saturday, a newspaper reported.
Thousands of people spotted the chunk - or possibly chunks - of fist-sized space rock burning up while coming through the earth`s atmosphere.
The Met Office received dozens of calls within an hour of the light first appearing.
A spokesman for Strathclyde Police said the force had been "inundated" with calls about a bright object in the sky across the west of Scotland.
The Kielder Observatory also reported the sighting of a "huge fireball" travelling from north to south over Northumberland at 9.41 p.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...