India integral part of high-ranking space countries: ISRO chief
New Delhi: Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) chief K. Radhakrishnan has said that India is amongst the highest space ranking countries.
Radhakrishnan said that India has created space technology to benefit its people in the long run.
"In front ranking nations of the world, India is there but each country that started their space activity in the late 50s or early 60s had a mission. US, Russia, China they had as vision for technological excellence, for competitiveness as a source of power, human space flight, reaching moon but India`s vision was it to use it for the people," he said on Friday.
Radhakrishnan further said India should well tap its space innovation by developing close industry tie-ups to facilitate sustainable growth.
"For the sustained growth of space what Indian industry should do in the future is to make best use of the capability that we have established in the country to generate capacity and bring wealth and fame to the nation," he said.
The objective of ISRO is to develop space technology and its application to various national tasks. Accordingly, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has successfully operationalised two major satellite systems namely Indian National Satellites (INSAT) for communication services and Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) satellites for management of natural resources; also, Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV) for launching IRS type of satellites and Geostationary Satellite Launch Vehicle (GSLV) for launching INSAT type of satellites.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam