India offers to share satellite data with ASEAN countries
Cha-Am Hua Hin (Thailand): India today
offered to help Southeast Asian nations in management of natural disasters by sharing satellite data for the region and launch small satellites built by them.
"We would be ready to share satellite data for
management of natural disasters, launch small satellites and
scientific instruments and payloads for experiments in remote
sensing and communication for space agencies and academic
institutions in ASEAN countries," Prime Minister Manmohan
Singh said here.
He was addressing the Seventh India-ASEAN Summit in
this scenic Thai beach resort town with the 10-member
Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
The Indian Space Research Centre (ISRO) has one of the
largest constellation of advanced remote sensing satellites in
the world which orbit the earth at regular intervals.
Images of the earth received from these satellites can
be utilised for disaster management initiatives in the ASEAN
region, parts of which are prone to cyclones and earthquakes.
In addition, the Prime Minister said, India would be
happy to participate in projects under the ASEAN`s Work Plan
for 2010-15 in areas such as education, energy, agriculture
and forestry, and small and medium enterprises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH