Indian scientist honoured by Birmingham Varsity
Ranchi: Indian scientist Prof Dr Srikanta Pal was made the Honorary Research Fellow by the University of Birmingham, UK, for the period 2012-2014.
Pal, who got the honour for his significant contribution to the radio astronomy scientific community, said he was extremely happy.
A professor with the Birla Institute of Technology, here, Dr Pal’s research on high temperature super-conductors on microwave applications at the University of Birmingham has earned him the honour.
Pal earlier had developed a device, Frequency Bandstop filter, which has enabled Green Band Telescope (GBT)- world’s largest and most technically advanced, single dish, fully steerable, radio telescope set up at Green Bank, USA - to enhance its observation range.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress