Interstellar dust grains may explain origin of solar system
London: Scientists are hopeful that the interstellar dust grains gathered by the NASA Stardust spacecraft and brought back to Earth will help in better understanding the complexities of the solar system`s formation.
According to the research team, seven dust particles and residues, which are less than 1 millionth of a meter across are consistent with interstellar dust, and their analysis will significantly increase the understanding of what its made of and thus, provide answers about the origin of the solar system.
These particles could also serve as building blocks for future planets as they are made of substance that generates new stars and planetary systems.
The study has been published in the journal Science.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley