Interstellar dust grains may explain origin of solar system
London: Scientists are hopeful that the interstellar dust grains gathered by the NASA Stardust spacecraft and brought back to Earth will help in better understanding the complexities of the solar system`s formation.
According to the research team, seven dust particles and residues, which are less than 1 millionth of a meter across are consistent with interstellar dust, and their analysis will significantly increase the understanding of what its made of and thus, provide answers about the origin of the solar system.
These particles could also serve as building blocks for future planets as they are made of substance that generates new stars and planetary systems.
The study has been published in the journal Science.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?