Iran: Second monkey sent into space
Tehran: Iran`s president says the Islamic Republic has successfully sent a monkey into space for the second time, part of a program aimed at manned space flight.
Hassan Rouhani`s website said today that the rocket used liquid fuel for the first time. It did not say when the launch took place or give other details.
Iran frequently claims technological breakthroughs that are impossible to independently verify. The Islamic Republic has said it seeks to send an astronaut into space as part of an ambitious aerospace program.
Iran said that it sent its first monkey into space in January. One of two official packages of photos of the simian space traveler depicted the wrong monkey, however, raising doubts among international observers as to whether the launch was as successful as reported.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know