Iran to launch second monkey into space next month
Johannesburg: Iran is reportedly planning to send another live monkey into space next month, a top space official said.
Deputy Head of Iran`s space organisation Hamid Fazeli said the second live animal will be ready within a month to be sent into space via a liquid-fuel launcher.
In January this year, Iran claimed to have successfully launched a live monkey into space and brought it safely back to earth.
However, the experiment`s success remained disputed after a different monkey was presented to the media post-landing.
Western governments have shown concern over Iran`s space programme as they fear Tehran is trying to master the technology required to deliver a nuclear warhead, the report added.
However, Iran has denied all such claims.
Iran is already under several international sanctions to curb its controversial nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military unveils new weapons after South China Sea verdict
- Pakistan PM chairs meeting on Kashmir
- Kashmir unrest: Rajnath to embark on two-day visit to Valley
- Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
- Must Watch: What Nawaz Sharif's daughter has to say about PML-N's victory in PoK polls