Iran to launch second monkey into space next month
Johannesburg: Iran is reportedly planning to send another live monkey into space next month, a top space official said.
Deputy Head of Iran`s space organisation Hamid Fazeli said the second live animal will be ready within a month to be sent into space via a liquid-fuel launcher.
In January this year, Iran claimed to have successfully launched a live monkey into space and brought it safely back to earth.
However, the experiment`s success remained disputed after a different monkey was presented to the media post-landing.
Western governments have shown concern over Iran`s space programme as they fear Tehran is trying to master the technology required to deliver a nuclear warhead, the report added.
However, Iran has denied all such claims.
Iran is already under several international sanctions to curb its controversial nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video