Iran to launch second monkey into space next month
Johannesburg: Iran is reportedly planning to send another live monkey into space next month, a top space official said.
Deputy Head of Iran`s space organisation Hamid Fazeli said the second live animal will be ready within a month to be sent into space via a liquid-fuel launcher.
In January this year, Iran claimed to have successfully launched a live monkey into space and brought it safely back to earth.
However, the experiment`s success remained disputed after a different monkey was presented to the media post-landing.
Western governments have shown concern over Iran`s space programme as they fear Tehran is trying to master the technology required to deliver a nuclear warhead, the report added.
However, Iran has denied all such claims.
Iran is already under several international sanctions to curb its controversial nuclear programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir