Iran to send monkey into space in August
Tehran: Iran plans to send a monkey into space in August, the chief of the country`s space agency said Monday.
The Iranian Space Agency (ISA) would send the monkey onboard a rocket called Kavoshgar-5, ISA chief Hamid Fazeli told Mehr news agency.
The space capsule was unveiled by President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad in February.
"The Kavoshgar-5 rocket will be launched during the month of Mordad (July 23 to August 23) with a 285-kg capsule carrying a monkey to an altitude of 120 km," Fazeli said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh