Iran to send satellite into orbit
Tehran: Iran plans to send its indigenously-designed satellite Sharifsat into orbit in the near future, a media report said Tuesday.
More than 100 students, alumni, and academics of the university have worked to design and manufacture the Sharifsat satellite, which weighs less than 50 kg, reported Iran`s Mehr news agency citing Reza Roosta-Azad, the chancellor of Sharif University of Technology.
The chancellor said the construction of the Sharifsat satellite has been completed and it is in line to be launched by the Iranian Space Agency aboard the domestically made Safir B-1 carrier.
Roosta-Azad added that the satellite`s main task is to take coloured images and transmit them to Earth.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory