Iranian rocket to take another monkey into space
Tehran: Iran plans to send its second monkey into space onboard home-made rocket Pishgam (Pioneer) II within 45 days, a top official said.
In January, Iran sent a capsule containing a monkey onboard the Pishgam (Pioneer) I into space, Xinhua reported.
Unlike the first rocket which was solid-fuelled, the Pishgam II will use liquid propellant, the Tehran Times Sunday quoted Iran Space Agency (ISA) director Hamid Fazeli as saying.
The plan to send living creatures into space was part of the project to send human beings into space within a course of five to eight years, said the Iranian official.
ISA had plans to launch the Tadbir (Prudence) research satellite as well as Sharif and Nahid satellites into space by the end of the Iranian calendar year, which ends March 20, 2014, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan